# Democracy Project
A British Columbia wide initiative which reduces the effect of special interest groups on civic elections. This prevents mayors from becoming dictators, allows a free vote amongst councillors and trustees, no more toeing the party line. The proposal
- VOTE FOR MAYOR
- VOTE FOR COUNCILLOR
- VOTE FOR SCHOOL TRUSTEE
All existing positions i.e 8 councillors for Surrey eg. to be retained but this will require voters to give some thought to their selection process, rather that ticking off the boxes. This will ensure that in places like Surrey, we can elect our representatives, rather than appoint them.
I will be submitting this proposal to gain approval provincially to amend legislation to enable this.
Independent Candidate (Mayor)
- (Housing) Lobby Senior Governments for more affordable alternatives.
- No to mobility pricing.
- One zone fare system like Calgary’s.
- Unless a metro-wide police force can be implemented R.C.M.P to be the de-facto option.
- Skytrain for Fraser Highway.
- Due to contract law, LRT project in process to be completed.